There is an important update about Canadian Visa Process. SPP (Student Partner Program) has been replaced by SDS (Study Direct Stream) in India from immediate effect.
On the positive side, it would reduce the processing time for visa and allow us to apply for all colleges unlike limited ones under SPP. Major changes under SDS:
• Study in any post-secondary Designated Learning Institute (DLI), such as a college, trade or technical school, university or CEGEP
• IELTS test result with a minimum band of 6 or higher for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking), compared to 5.5 under SPP.
• Pay first year of tuition fees upfront, compared to minimum ONE semester fee under SPP.
• GIC [Guaranteed Investment Certificate] towards Living expenses
• Students who are NOT eligible under SDS can still apply under General Category. You can download the application forms using the link below:
Note: It is advisable to communicate with SPP colleges in cases where students have one module under 6.0. Most probably they would have to apply under General Category.