With a view to enable the benefit of higher education in Foreign Universities to meritorious Backward Classes Students and thereby providing them an opportunity for better career prospects within the country and aboard, Telangana Government after careful examination hereby order to introduce a new scheme of “Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi”.
“Mahatma Jyothiba Phule BC Overseas Vidya Nidhi” will be initially sanctioned to (300) BC Students every year and is open to all eligible graduates to pursue Post Graduate studies abroad subject
- Income: BC Students whose family income is less than “Rs.1,50,000/- in Rural Areas and Rs.2,00,000/- in Urban Areas.” Per annum from all sources are eligible, In case of employees, salary certificate from the employer is a must. In all cases the income certificate must be obtained through MEE SEVA. A copy of the latest tax assessment as well as the latest monthly salary slip from the employer is also required to be enclosed with the application.
- Age: The Maximum age under the scheme shall not exceed 30 years as on 1st July of the year of advertisement.
- Qualification: 60% marks or equivalent grade in foundation Degree in Engineering / Management / Pure Sciences / Agriculture Sciences /Medicine & Nursing / Social Sciences / Humanities.
- One Child in a Family Award: Not more than one child of the same parents / guardian’s will be eligible and to this effect a self certificate will be required from the candidate. The awardee cannot be considered for the second or subsequent times as the individual can be awarded only once in a life time.
- Countries Eligible under the Scheme: USA, UK, Australia, Canada and Singapore.
- He / She should have a valid TOEFL / IELTS & GRE / GMAT.
- He / She should have obtained admission in an accredited Foreign University.
- He / She should possess a valid Passport.
- The Candidate should make his/her own efforts in seeking admission in an accredited University / Institution Abroad.
- The selected candidate has to join the concerned University within one year of communication of selection. On expiry of this specified period of time, the award will be automatically cancelled and come to an end. No request for extension of time for availing the award is permissible under the Scheme.
- The candidate shall not change the course of study for which the scholarship has been sanctioned.
- It will be the responsibility of the candidate to obtain the appropriate visa for a country wherein one intends to study further under award from the Scheme and the Visa issuing authorities may kindly see that only such type of Visa be issued which only permits the candidate to pursue specified course in abroad and thereafter the candidate returns to India.
- The applications should be complete in all respects and should be accompanied by all relevant documents. The applications, incomplete in any respect, are liable to be rejected.
- Fees: Fees shall be payable in Two installments as follows:
- Installment-I: An amount of 10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the landing permit / I-94 card (Immigration Card).
- Installment-II: An amount of 10.00 Lakhs shall be payable to the Institution /students upon production of the 1st Semester results.
- Sanction Proceedings specifying the amount of 20.00 Lakhs will be issued to the individual towards fees and living expenses by way of a grant subject to his/her joining into the Course to the Candidates selected by the Selection Committee. The sanction proceedings can be used by the Candidates for obtaining a Visa from the respective Embassy.
- Educational Loan: The Student shall be eligible for an educational loan of 10.00 Lakhsfrom any Nationalized bank at prevailing rates of interest.
How to apply?
Visit the official site.Click on the Registration option to apply online.
Source : https://www.noticebard.com/telangana-govt-scholarship-backward-classes-students-pg-study-abroad/